? ??????????????Professional Blues? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (1 Rating)??3 Grabs Today. 240 Total Grabs. ??
????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????????????????????????Skull Fracture? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (1 Rating)??3 Grabs Today. 1103 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Made wonderfully complex and marvelous!

So this semester, most of my units seem to focus on children with special needs (SN). (I know everyone uses the term 'disabled children, but I'm against labeling them as 'disabled children', and have even written a whole paragraph in my assignment to justify my beliefs. So bear with me!)

(Photo retrieved from http://www.newbornbabyzone.com/health-safety/downs-syndrome-identifying-it-and-living-with-it/)

It seriously amazes me that there can be so many things that go wrong with the human body, during or after conception. To name a few:
1. Cognitive Impairment ( I know of 5 types)
2. Physical Impairment (I know of 8 types)
4. Vision Impairment (I know of 4 types)
4. Hearing Impairment (I know of 7 types)
5. Speech and Language Impairment (I know of 6 types)
6. Olfactory and Gustatory Impairment ( I know of 10 types)
7. Somatosensory Impairment

And gosh, I only mentioned types, not subtypes. For example, did you know that Autism Spectrum Disorder is listed as a type of Cognitive Impairment, and can be further classified into 7 subtypes? If you add all the subtypes and ones that I don't even know of, there would be hundreds! And these are only impairments, relating to physiotherapist, speech therapist etc. I haven't touched on medical-related conditions that can go wrong with the human body. (Sorry, nerd-talk here).

I had to do research on how these impairments affect children with SN and it's horrible. From
being bullied, discriminated and harassed by society, to expensive fees to the therapist, to extra attention on the children etc. It's such a lifelong pain.

(Photo retrieved from http://www.vasaprava.org/?p=1001&lang=en)

Every single little thing that goes on in our body, from our blood cells to our brain to our nerves to our organs etc, anything can go wrong. Anything at all.

And if it does, then BAM you'll be listed as 'disabled' and 'weird' and 'outcast' and 'burdensome'.

And then BAM most of your parents money will go to spending on your treatments and visits to therapist.

And then BAM you'll need a carer to look after you 24/7, to help you eat, make sure you don't burn yourself while you're cooking, make sure you don't cross the road when its busy.

I can only thank God that he knitted me perfectly, He didn't want me to have impairments. He knew I couldn't handle it.
(But of course, we shouldn't discriminate those with SN just cz we don't have impairments!).

Psalm 139:13-16 - You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous how well I know it. You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.

The human body is so wonderfully complex and marvelous! I'm wonderfully complex and marvelous. You're wonderfully complex and marvelous too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment