? ??????????????Professional Blues? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (1 Rating)??3 Grabs Today. 240 Total Grabs. ??
????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????????????????????????Skull Fracture? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (1 Rating)??3 Grabs Today. 1103 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Insecurities

Have you ever had people calling you abnormal? Weird? Laugh at you?

I can bet you, every single girl goes some form of insecurities. Be it from the people around them or the media. For me, it was both. While I was struggling with mine, God sent me an image of a flower blooming, perfect in every way. He was telling me that that beautiful flower was me, and I've got so much potential. But I'm keeping myself from blooming, believing that I'm not destined for great things, believing that I'm not worthy, not beautiful.


Well. I'm still learning. Learning every day that God created me the perfect way he wanted me to be in. And being upset over myself is kinda like offending God, saying that His creation is not perfect. He is the Potter, I am the clay. He decides how He wants the clay to look, and will make the clay beautiful. The clay has no right to object and whine and say "hey God, can you do this instead?"

I'm posting this up because I've got friends that are so envious of other girls, it is driving me insane. Part of me want to cry because they don't see themselves as beautiful as how I see them as, as how God sees them as. They'll constantly get upset because they don't look a certain way etc (honestly, this sounds like me too).

I once told my friend I thought she was beautiful. She said to me, "Really? I don't think I am!" Sure, according to the world, she is a freak. Well, to be honest, the world calls me a freak too. And according to the world, everyone is ugly. (Because I'm quite sure that the majority of the people in this world have 'something wrong with them' be it physically or mentally, it just isn't prominent/obvious enough to be checked). The world keeps such a  high standard of what is considered normal and beautiful that it nearly impossible to reach that standard. Everyone who doesn't meet the criteria is considered ugly.


But. God created us. He knitted us in the womb. God put so much detail into creating us, and His work is forever up to perfection. Who are we, to make measurement tools and standards to label how 'normal' or 'beautiful' someone is? God created us the way we are, and that is perfect.

On a tiny side note, I wouldn't want to change how I look like now. Because if I do change the way I look, then that wouldn't be me anymore. That would be a different Sam. Not the one God originally created. Imma stick to what God gave me and dance.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment